What personal information is collected through westfivesmile.ca and how might we use it?
When you visit our website (westfivesmile.ca), we may track information about your visit and store that information in our web server logs, which are records of the activities on our sites. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include:
- your unique Internet protocol address;
- the name of your unique Internet service provider;
- the town/city, province, and country from which you access our website;
- the kind of browser or computer you use;
- the number of links you click within the site;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web page from which you arrived at our site;
- the pages you viewed on the site; and
- certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website(s).
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user’s experience.
Directly From the User
If you fill out our contact form on westfivesmile.ca, we will ask you to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, and phone number). Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; drivers license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information). This type of information is also known as “Sensitive Information” If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and West Five Smile will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide to us through our contact form will be used so that we may respond to your inquiry. We may also use information you provide to us to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out (unsubscribe) as stated below.
How is your personal information protected?
We take certain appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
Who has access to the information?
West Five Smile will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or any other user data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with West Five Smile;
- if we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated orthodontic or dental practice that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party; and
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
How can I correct, amend or delete my personal information and/or opt out of future communications?
You may opt-out of any future contacts from West Five Smile at any time. Contact us via the phone number, contact form, or mailing address on our website at any time to:
- see what data we have about you if any;
- change/correct any data we have about you;
- ask us to delete any data we have about you; and/or
- opt-out of future communications from us.